Discover the most talked-about articles in the news, social media and throughout the web according to Altmetric.
- Jurassic Pork: What Could a Jewish Time Traveler Eat? by Roy E. Plotnick et al
- Eminent scientists reject the supernatural: a survey of the Fellows of the Royal Society by Michael Stirrat, R Elisabeth Cornwell
- Correcting some common misrepresentations of evolution in textbooks and the media by Kevin Padian
- Teachers teaching misconceptions: a study of factors contributing to high school biology students’ acquisition of biological evolution-related misconceptions by Tony B Yates, Edmund A Marek
- The relative importance of religion and education on university students’ views of evolution in the Deep South and state science standards across the United States by Leslie J Rissler et al
Discover the most read articles published recently.
Aims and scope
Evolution: Education and Outreach promotes accurate understanding and comprehensive teaching of evolutionary theory for a wide audience. Evolution: Education and Outreach addresses the question of why we should care about evolution by exploring the practical applications of evolutionary principles in daily life and the impact of evolutionary theory on culture and society throughout history.
Targeting K-16 students, teachers and scientists alike, the journal presents articles to aid members of these communities in the teaching of evolutionary theory. It connects teachers with scientists by adapting cutting-edge, peer reviewed articles for classroom use on varied instructional levels. The journal features multi-authored papers written by teachers and scientists and offers teaching tools such as unit and lesson plans and classroom activities, as well as additional online content such as podcasts and powerpoint presentations.
Evolution: Education and Outreach:
- Promotes accurate understanding and comprehensive teaching of evolutionary theory for a wide audience
- Explores the practical applications of evolutionary principles in daily life and the impact of evolutionary theory on culture and society throughout history
- Offers teaching tools such as unit and lesson plans and classroom activities, as well as additional online content such as podcasts and powerpoint presentations
The archival content of Evolution: Education and Outreach can be accessed via SpringerLink
2018 Journal Metrics
66 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
67 days to first decision for all manuscripts
120 days from submission to acceptance
14 days from acceptance to publication
274 Altmetric mentions
This journal is indexed by
- Google Scholar
- Academic OneFile
- EBSCO Science Reference Center
- EBSCO TOC Premier
- Expanded Academic
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- Summon by ProQuest
- Zoological Record
Authors without funds to cover the Article Processing Charge (APC) are eligible for a discretionary waiver of the APC, and should request a waiver during submission.
Evolution: Education & Outreach also has waivers available at the Editor's discretion. Authors can contact the Editor in Chief for more information.
- ISSN: 1936-6434