Conditions of publication
Agree to conditions of submission, BioMed Central's copyright and license agreement and article-processing charge (APC)
Copyright and license agreement
During submission, you will need to accept and confirm the following conditions:
- All authors of the manuscript have read and agreed to its content and are accountable for all aspects of the accuracy and integrity of the manuscript in accordance with ICMJE criteria
- That the article is original, has not already been published in a journal, and is not currently under consideration by another journal
- That you agree to the terms of the BioMed Central Copyright and License Agreement, which we strongly recommend you read and, where applicable, Open Data policy. For authors who are prevented from being the copyright holder (for instance where Crown Copyright applies or researchers are US government employees), BioMed Central can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. If this applies to you, please contact us and provide details of your situation.
For more information see our Copyright and license policy.
An article-processing charge (APC) applies for each article accepted for publication in Evolution: Education and Outreach . For further details please see our article-processing-charge page.
2018 Journal Metrics
66 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
67 days to first decision for all manuscripts
120 days from submission to acceptance
14 days from acceptance to publication
274 Altmetric mentions
This journal is indexed by
- Google Scholar
- Academic OneFile
- EBSCO Science Reference Center
- EBSCO TOC Premier
- Expanded Academic
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- Summon by ProQuest
- Zoological Record
Authors without funds to cover the Article Processing Charge (APC) are eligible for a discretionary waiver of the APC, and should request a waiver during submission.
Evolution: Education & Outreach also has waivers available at the Editor's discretion. Authors can contact the Editor in Chief for more information.
- ISSN: 1936-6434